Congressman Scott Peters

Representing the 52nd District of California


Department of Housing and Urban Development

Can Congressman Peters help me?

My office is able to assist San Diegans with housing concerns including obtaining vouchers, rental assistance and homelessness resources.

To begin the process, please complete, print & sign the privacy release form below. Completed forms should be mailed to our office at 4350 Executive Dr., Suite 105, San Diego, CA 92121. Once we have the form, we can begin to work on your case. 

As we address your concerns, please bear in mind that we cannot force an agency to act in your favor.  The rules of the U.S. House of Representatives do not allow us to intervene in, or influence the outcome of, cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court.  Finally, our office cannot intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local, state, or foreign governments.

We look forward to helping you!


For general questions regarding the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), visit their website. For local resources, visit 2-1-1 San Diego and HUD in California.  Below are some useful links and information regarding frequently asked questions around these matters:


Expand all
Collapse all

I am a recipient of federal Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance. Where do I go for questions about HCV and housing availability?

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allocates Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) to low-income households. Information on the HCV program is available through the San Diego Housing Commission.

I am in need of rental assistance. Am I eligible and what is the process?

U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. Eligibility requirements are available through the San Diego Housing Commission and HUD websites.

I am a veteran and have questions on rental assistance programs. What are my options?

The U.S. Veterans Administration (VA) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provide rental assistance and supportive services through the VA Supportive Housing (VASH) program. Information on VASH and other housing programs for veterans are available here.

I am a homeless veteran. What services and programs are available to me?

The U.S. Veterans Administration offers rental assistance, healthcare and employment services to veterans. An overview of assistance options is available here.

I am homeless or may become homeless. What are my options for housing, healthcare and other services?

2-1-1 San Diego provides housing resources throughout San Diego County and can connect you to shelters, counseling and food assistance.