Department of Housing and Urban Development
Can Congressman Peters Help Me?
My office is able to assist San Diegans with housing concerns including obtaining vouchers, rental assistance and homelessness resources.
We can help you:
- Obtain a status update on your pending application for a Housing Choice Voucher
- Request information on your program eligibility
- Can request expedited review of your application if you provide supporting documentation to demonstrate you meet extenuating circumstances
- Facilitate communication between you and an agency on matters pertaining to your federal public housing or federal benefits
- Provide letters of support for federal grants
- Connect you with local agencies that provide immediate assistance
- Cannot get involved in legal matters and matters before the jurisdictions of any courts
- Cannot force an agency to take a specific action on your behalf or change an agency decision
- Cannot force an agency to expedite your application or change your position on a waitlist
To begin the process, please complete, print & sign the privacy release form below. Completed forms should be emailed to RepScottPetersPAW@mail.house.gov or mailed to our office at 4350 Executive Dr., Suite 105, San Diego, 92121. Once we have the form, we can begin to work on your case. Once we have the form, we can begin to work on your case.
As we address your concerns, please bear in mind that we cannot force an agency to act in your favor. The rules of the U.S. House of Representatives do not allow us to intervene in, or influence the outcome of, cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court. Finally, our office cannot intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local, state, or foreign governments.
Below are some frequently asked questions about housing. If that does not answer your question, click below to request help from our office. We look forward to helping you!
For general questions regarding the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), visit their website. For local resources, visit 2-1-1 San Diego and HUD in California. Below are some useful links and information regarding frequently asked questions around these matters:
Housing Frequently Asked Questions
I am a recipient of federal Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance. Where do I go for questions about HCV and housing availability?
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allocates Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) to low-income households. Information on the HCV program is available through the San Diego Housing Commission.
I am in need of rental assistance. Am I eligible and what is the process?
U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. Eligibility requirements are available through the San Diego Housing Commission and HUD websites.
I am a veteran and have questions on rental assistance programs. What are my options?
The U.S. Veterans Administration (VA) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provide rental assistance and supportive services through the VA Supportive Housing (VASH) program. Information on VASH and other housing programs for veterans are available here.
I am a homeless veteran. What services and programs are available to me?
The U.S. Veterans Administration offers rental assistance, healthcare and employment services to veterans. An overview of assistance options is available here.
I am homeless or may become homeless. What are my options for housing, healthcare, and other services?
2-1-1 San Diego provides housing resources throughout San Diego County and can connect you to shelters, counseling and food assistance.