Decision Ready Claims
The VA just announced a new process for VA claims, The Decision Ready Claims (DRC) Program. Now, San Diego veterans can get a decision on claims in 30 days or less by working with an accredited Veterans Service Organization (VSO).
What is the Decision Ready Claim (DRC) Program?
The DRC Program allows you to submit VA compensation claims that are decision-ready so you can get your claim processed as fast as possible.
You can now file a DRC for the following claim types:
- Direct Service Connection Claims: Claims for conditions that began during your military service or were caused by an event while serving.
- Presumptive Service Connection Claims: Claims for conditions that are presumed to have been caused by an event during your military service, even if there is no specific evidence showing a connection between your condition and your military service in your service records.
- Secondary Service Connection Claims: Claims for conditions that were caused or aggravated by a service-connected disability.
- Increased Disability Claims: Claims for existing service-connected conditions that you have medical evidence to show have gotten worse.
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Claims: Claims for surviving spouses of Veterans whose death resulted from a service-related injury or disease or who was rated 100% disabled due to service-connected conditions (including entitlement to Individual Unemployability) for 10 years prior to their death.
- Pre-Discharge Claims: Claims for disability compensation filed by Servicemembers who have less than 90 days remaining before their separation from military service.
How do I find an accredited VSO?
Find your local VSO online or call the VA toll-free at 1-800-827-1000.