Congressional Algae Caucus
Launch of the Congressional Algae Caucus (10-23-13)
FOUNDED: October 23rd, 2013
COCHAIRS: Scott Peters, Andy Biggs, Derek Kilmer, Darin LaHood
OVERVIEW: The Congressional Algae Caucus, founded October 23, 2013, by Congressman Scott Peters (D-CA) and Congressman Matt Salmon (R-AZ) is an effort to inform members and staff about the benefits of algae.
With new production facilities planned or operating across the U.S., the algae industry is rapidly emerging as an opportunity to address many of the energy, food, economic, and environmental challenges facing the world today. Algae has the power to simultaneously put fuels in vehicles, recycle CO2, provide nutrition for animals and people and create jobs for millions of Americans without harmful impacts on freshwater supplies or valuable agricultural land.
- Rep. Scott Peters (D CA-52)
- Rep. Andy Biggs (R AZ-05)
- Rep. Derek Kilmer (D WA-06)
- Rep. Darin LaHood (R IL-18)
- Rep. Jackie Speier (D CA-14)
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D HI-02)
- Rep. Tim Walz (D MN-01)
- Rep. Jared Polis (D CO-02)
- Rep. Alcee Hastings (D FL-20)
- Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (D NM-02)
- Rep. Susan Davis (D CA-53)
- Rep. David Cicilline (D RI-01)
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D CO-07)
- Rep. Duncan Hunter (R CA-52)
- Rep. Steve Cohen (D TN-09)
San Diego has led the research and development of algae. Read more about what's happening at UC San Diego.
Looking for more information about algae and its potential? Read more about algae.
IN THE NEWS: