Presidential Inauguration - January 20, 2021
Constituents interested in attending the 2021 Presidential Inauguration can either complete the "tour request" form below with a note of your interest in inauguration tickets, or contact our office at (858) 455-5550. We are awaiting details and instructions from the administration which will be provided to those who express interest as we know more.
You can also sign up for our weekly updates to receive automatic notifications when new information is available!
Due to recent developments surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, several tours and public attractions in Washington D.C. have been canceled or closed to prevent the spread of the illness. If you are planning a visit to Washington, please check the operating status of tourist attractions below:
- Arlington Cemetery. https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Media/News/Post/10717/Arlington-National-Cemetery-Closes-to-Visitors-Funerals-Continue-as-Scheduled
- Pentagon Building. https://pentagontours.osd.mil/Tours/
- Smithsonian Institution. https://www.si.edu/
- White House. Public tours temporarily suspended.
- U.S. Capitol Building. https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit/book-tour-capitol
- Library of Congress. https://www.loc.gov/
- National Archives. https://www.archives.gov/coronavirus
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing. https://www.moneyfactory.gov/services/takeatour.html
- Holocaust Museum. https://www.ushmm.org/
- U.S. Supreme Court. https://www.supremecourt.gov/
- FBI. Public tours temporarily suspended.
- Treasury Building. Public tours temporarily suspended through April 24, 2020.
- Kennedy Center. https://www.kennedy-center.org/
- State Department. Public tours temporarily suspended through April 5, 2020.
- Ford’s Theatre. https://www.fords.org/
Our office can help San Diegans schedule tours of several popular attractions in Washington, D.C. Please be sure to include your email address as that is the primary method of correspondence.
Many tours in Washington, D.C. require advance notice, as they fill up very quickly due to high demand. While we can assist you in acquiring tickets, there are no guarantees of availability. For information on general sightseeing and attractions in the area, please visit my Washington DC Tour Information page. For general inquiries, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Our office can schedule tours for San Diego school groups visiting Washington, D.C. Please give the office as much advanced notice as possible to accommodate your school group.
Keep in mind that most tour locations are open to the public and there are still opportunities to take the same tours without scheduling them through my office. You can use the information provided below to schedule tours at most locations on your own.
We have a “Welcome to Washington” visitors guide that includes a history of DC, maps of the city, suggested day trips, and detailed information about local attractions. To download a copy, click here.
Requesting a Tour
All requests from my constituents are submitted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to the large number of requests, PLEASE SUBMIT THIS FORM AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE in order to maximize your chances of having your tour approved. Please know that while my office will make every effort to accommodate your request, tours cannot be guaranteed.