Congressman Scott Peters

Representing the 52nd District of California

IRS & Tax Services

Internal Revenue Service

If you have concerns regarding issues such as obtaining your tax refund, notices of identity theft, unpaid tax bills, or threats of tax liens, our office might be able to assist with resolving the problem.

To begin the process, please complete, print & sign the privacy release form below. Completed forms should be mailed to our office at 4350 Executive Dr., Suite 105, San Diego, CA 92121. Once we have the form, we can begin to work on your case. 

As we address your concerns, please bear in mind that we cannot force an agency to act in your favor.  The rules of the U.S. House of Representatives do not allow us to intervene in, or influence the outcome of, cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court.  Finally, our office cannot intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local, state, or foreign governments.

We look forward to helping you!

In addition, here are some useful links and information which may help answer your questions:

Expand all
Collapse all

Where can I get help filing my taxes?

Free tax preparation is available to qualified taxpayers through the VITA program.  Generally, those making $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speakers can obtain help at one of their sites.  To find the nearist VITA site to you, visit Free Tax Return Preparation.

What is an IRS transcript?

Your IRS transcript works like a bank statement with the IRS.  This document will show your entire history of both payments made and refunds received from the IRS.

How can I get a copy of my IRS transcript?

An IRS transcript is often times requires for purchasing or refinancing a home loan.  In order to request a copy of your most recently available information, visit Get Transcript

How can I afford an unexpected tax bill?

If you owe $50,000 or less in combined tax, penalties and interest, and filed all required returns, you may be eligibile for an online payment plan.  Visit INDIVIDUAL Online Payment Plan to apply.

If your business owes $25,000 or less in combined tax, penalties and interest, and filed all required returns, you may be eligible for an online payment plan.  Visit BUSINESS Payment Plan to apply.

What informatin is needed to apply for a payment plan?

Individuals are required to have the following information to apply for an Online Payment Plan:

Valid email address
Address from pressently processed tax return
Date of Birth
Filing status
Your Social Security Number or Individual Tax ID Number (ITIN)

Businesses are required to have the following informationto apply for an Online Payment Plan:

Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Date EIN was assigned (mm/YYYY)
Address from most recently processed tax return
Caller ID from IRS notice

Free Tax Service Sites